About KLS Law
Established for over 25 years’, KLS Law is a respected and experienced law firm that rapidly identifies issues, creating opportunities for clients with specialisms and expertise. Based at the heart of Warrington, the KLS Law legal experts have over 50 employees made up of solicitors and paralegals. KLS Law combines experience and expertise with regard to both personal legal services and business legal services.
Areas of Work:
• Motor Accident Claims
• Personal Injury
• Clinical Negligence
We are recruiting for a full time, 37.5 hours per week, Trainee Solicitor who will be required to assist one of our senior partners working on a demanding, high value multi-track personal injury case load.
Working within a fast-paced environment, you will be part of a small, busy, highly-respectable department. As an important member of the team, you will need to demonstrate commercial awareness, motivation and enthusiasm and ideally have experience dealing with or assisting on multi track cases.
To be successful you will need excellent communication skills both orally and written, attention to detail, team-working skills and creativity.
Our practice is based close to Warrington town centre with links to both Warrington Bank Quay and Warrington Central train stations.
Duties and Responsibilities
To undertake a range of legal, technical and administrative tasks as directed and under close supervision. Throughout the training contract, the successful candidate will receive training predominantly in Personal Injury but also in other areas to satisfy the requirements of the training contract in accordance with SRA requirements.
These duties will initially be dealt with under supervision of a Partner
Conduct of Cases
- Conduct interviews with clients in person and over the telephone
- Assess legal problems
- Provide clients with advice on costs
- Conduct legal research
- Devise outline strategy for each case
- Draft case papers
- Draft witness statements
- Obtain information from relevant experts
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Brief Counsel
- Negotiate settlements
- Issue Proceedings
- Attend Court with Counsel and take notes
- Make interlocutory applications
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain files in accordance with procedure
- Deal with billing, paying costs and closing files
- Follow administrative systems and procedures
- Attend internal courses and PSC
- Keep up to date with law and practice
- Provide an efficient and friendly service to clients
- Communicate clearly and appropriately both orally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate with clients and other professionals to achieve the desired objectives.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to view situations from a business or commercial perspective
- Ability to delegate tasks, supervising where appropriate
- Showing own initiative
- Cycle scheme
- Computer scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free bus pass from Warrington stations and town centre
- Discounted gym membership
- Free eye tests/VDU glasses