Head of Legal & Governance
Head of Legal & Governance
Scape Group is a public sector organisation, dedicated to the creation of efficiency and social value via the built environment. Scape and its subsidiaries offer fully managed procurement frameworks, innovative design solutions, community investment opportunities and joint ventures with the public and private sector.
By bringing together the strongest teams from the public and private sector, Scape’s rapidly deployed, highly measurable and collaborative approach delivers value for money and quality buildings whilst stimulating local economic growth and community enrichment.
Scape operates with a buying capacity of £13bn, has helped deliver over 2,000 public sector projects over the last four years, with over 1,400 currently in progress.
About the role
This is a great time to join our growing business and as the Head of Legal & Governance you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the group.
As a key member of our newly formed senior management team, you will lead on the legal and contractual arrangements for all divisions and act as Company Secretary for the group.
You will be required to draft framework agreements and construction contracts, and advise on all aspects of our joint venture and collaboration agreements.
We are looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience of drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts and other legal documents
- Experience in a construction environment with knowledge of the relevant public sector legislation
- Thorough knowledge of corporate governance principles
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex legal issues to a range of audiences
- Enthusiasm and flexible approach to new solutions
- A relevant legal degree or similar level qualification as well as holding a current unrestricted practising certificate
In return we can offer you:
- An excellent pay package which includes BUPA Healthcare, an annual bonus based on company performance, membership of Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days’ statutory bank holiday entitlement
- Flexible working hours and policies to support your work/life balance, including job share opportunities for all roles
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for please follow the link below for further details or submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Jane Dackiewicz on 07866 127 165.
Apply for Head of Legal & Governance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly