As a commercial officer you will have a chance to support the various commercial teams to administer, negotiate and execute contracts with suppliers, customers and partners as well as provide internal support and guidance to the business on a wide range of commercial matters. The position reports to the Commercial Manager within the allocated part of the business. Within these roles there is also the potential for international travel and in the future you may be offered the opportunity to be based at one of our overseas sites.
We deliver the best power systems in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of their respective industry and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio provides power solutions for use in the air, on land and at sea.
Do you have the skills, drive and ambition to join this prestigious FTSE 100 company and work with its global network of customers and suppliers to develop and deliver the right solutions to grow the business? Do you want to work for a company with excellent long term prospects that provide structured, continued professional development to enable individual progression based on ability? Do you want the opportunity for international travel supporting Rolls-Royce's customers and suppliers?
We have a number of exciting roles based at our Derby site.
Key Accountabilities (that may vary by the particular role)
- Managing Commercial Negotiations with our global customers and suppliers across the various industry sectors where we operate;
- Drafting of Commercial Proposals and Contracts with our customers and suppliers;
- Managing Existing Contracts throughout their life cycle ensuring regular communication with our customers and suppliers;
- Minimising the risk whilst maximising returns in our business transactions; and,
- Developing new business Solutions to meet our future requirements and our customers and suppliers.
- Experience working in a commercial environment with customers and suppliers with demonstrated financial acumen;
- A track record of delivering and building good internal and external relationships;
- An ability to deal with complex commercial issues and propose innovative business solutions whilst identifying and managing associated risk;
- Proven ability to lead complex and challenging contract and commercial negotiations with customers or suppliers;
- An ability to draft and interpret Contacting wording with good attention to detail;
- A willingness to travel internationally in support of customers and suppliers; and
- A Degree or equivalent qualification
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation. At Rolls-Royce, we create integrated power solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The role is subject of Full UK security clearance.