Head of Childcare Law/ Principal Solicitor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Locum Principal Lawyer/Team Leader to manage a large and busy Child Care team in an established West Midlands Local Authority. The assignment is for an initial period of 6 - 9 months, with the possibility of further extension dependant on workload.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers or Legal Executives with previous experience working within a Local Government organisation and with significant management experience, ideally leading a Childcare, Education or Adult team.
Duties will include:
- Practicing as the Principal Lawyer and team manager for all lawyers and support staff in the Childcare Department
- Regularly attending Leadership and Board meetings
- Undertaking a varied caseload to include Childcare and general administrative law
- Working with the Corporate Legal Manager to ensure that the Council's officers and Members are informed of any changes in the law
- Acting as the lead legal advisor on high profile and complex Council cases
- Attending a range of hearing types and undertake all advocacy
Rate is negotiable for this position and can be discussed upon application.
The assignment is based in an easily reached location with very convenient transport links. The client is prepared to consider flexible working for the right candidate.
To apply please contact Lauren Watts or Philippa Turner on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full time position, however flexible working hours will be considered for the right candidate. We look forward to your application.
"At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion."
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards and have been accredited with IIP and ISO accreditation, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care. Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.