Group In-House Legal Lawyer
Group In-House Legal Lawyer
Salary up to £45,000 depending on experience + Company Car or Car Allowance
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for UK and Ireland's leading provider of Employment Law, HR and Health and Safety Services. With over 30,000 clients Peninsula are the number 1 organisation in this field and we continue to grow our customer base year on year.
We are looking for a bright, confident Solicitor or Barrister, preferably with some commercial litigation and employment law experience, to work in a dynamic team and cover a wide range of legal matters including the preparation and conduct of litigation.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on great service and care, along with a firm commercial approach towards the Group’s Intellectual Property and Online Reputational issue. , and we are looking for someone with exceptional communication skills to provide that.
Duties will include:
- Point of contact for any new issues referred internally from the Group businesses to the Group In House Legal Team,
- Trusted advisor to the Group Directors on Commercial Litigation matters, Dispute Resolution and potential Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Assistance with handling of internal Employment Tribunal cases that arise from colleagues or former colleagues of the businesses within the Group,
- Handling matters arising from any pre-litigation work that may arise from Peninsula Members, former Members, colleagues, former colleagues or third parties,
- Advising Senior Managers on internal HR and Employment Law matters including assisting or conducting internal hearings including investigations, grievances, capability or disciplinary proceedings and appeals,
- Reporting on progress of live issues to Director of Legal and Advisory and/or Group Operations Director ensuring that a proactive approach to all live issues is maintained.
Skills and experience required:
- A range of experience either within a leading Law Firm or In House
- A real commitment to remarkable client service
- Confident and forward thinking approach
- A genuine passion for employment law and attention to detail
- A commercially focused approach with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure within a fast moving environment is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative with relatively little supervision
We have an exceptional benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and market-leading bonus schemes.
Peninsula have been established since 1983 with offices in Manchester, Hinckley, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast and Sydney currently employing approximately over 1000 people.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for your, click on the link to apply today.