Commercial Contracts - Non Contentious - West Yorkshire
Commercial Contracts Solicitor
I am working with one of Europe's most innovative Law firms who are multi awarding and have offices nationwide and overseas. The firm is one of the largest pure commercial litigation teams outside of London and ranked Tier 1 in both Chambers and Legal 500. They are looking to expand their commercial department but bringing in an experienced Solicitor to join their Leeds office
The post-holder will undertake a mixed caseload of non-contentious commercial / IT work in relation to a range of commercial contracts including:
- Outsourcing agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Agency agreements
- Supply agreements
- IT agreements (software licences, maintenance, escrow, SaaS, hosting arrangements, reseller, open-source etc.)
- E-commerce issues
- Data protection
- B2C issues including distance selling regulations/consumer rights legislation
- Competition Law
- Excellent drafting skills and first-rate technical knowledge are a pre-requisite for this role.
- Experience of providing Commercial/IT/IP/Data Protection support in the context of corporate transactions would be advantageous (due diligence, negotiating warranties and advising on TSAs).
- Experience of non-contentious IP and/or franchising would be advantageous but not essential.
- Sector experience of working within one or more of education / retail / food / technology / financial services / insurance would be advantageous but not essential.
There are also genuine progression opportunities with the firm as a number of associates have gone on to have successful careers within an in-house setting and also partnership levels
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply to send me you're CV for consideration.