MOJ Portal Stage 2 Executive
To effectively progress Claimant PI cases passed over from 'Acquire Evidence' phase. The post holder will progress claims in accordance with agreed processes and timelines, to the end of Stage 2 of the MOJ Portal Process.
- Assess case and ensure all quantum evidence is complete - refer back/clarify any queries
- Consider the medical evidence
- Draft the schedule of loss (based on the medical evidence and evidence gathered on specials)
- Assess quantum and advise client on the appropriate settlement range
- Submit interim settlement pack, where appropriate
- Submit final settlement pack and negotiate settlement of costs and damages once case is ready to settle
- Ensure that as many cases as reasonably possible exit the Portal and are referred to Branch in accordance with the firm's systems and procedures
- Pass cases to Stage 3 process swiftly and promptly
- Ensure all information is available to allow for accurate processing of costs and damages
- Case handling must be undertaken to a good and timely standard
- All work to be undertaken in line with the Unit's processes, standards and levels of authority
- Ensure a good understanding of the Case Management Team (CMT) and the role of the Legal Enquiry Team (LET) together with an ability to make appropriate decisions to organise and plan work and use systems in place to the highest standards/
You will have good IT skills and have the ability to draft relevant correspondence including emails. The right candidate will use their initiative and work accurately with good attention to detail meeting all deadlines. You will have the ability to assess quantum and make appropriate decisions relevant to the level of work.
Should this role interest you please contact Laura Chappell at CRA Consulting on 0114 241 8030 or apply online.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.