Locum Childcare Lawyer Opportunity
A large local authority in Somerset is currently recruiting for an Locum Childcare Lawyer to join the Legal Department on a locum basis until the end of November.
Our client provides an innovative legal service. They are seeking to add an experienced Solicitor who can provide a pro-active and comprehensive service to clients on their duties towards children and young people.
Duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
- Providing client care and undertaking case management of the issued proceedings and PLO matters
- Providing legal advice to the client department at all levels
- Preparing s. 31 cases ready for issuing with the Court
- Liaising with other parties including solicitors and experts to progress cases
- Undertaking advocacy in the Magistrates and County Court
- Carrying out advocacy at CMC, directions, interim hearings and at advocates meetings
- Conducting hearings to include Contested and Final Contested
- Attending Legal Planning Meeting Panels and PLO meetings to provide advice on specific matters
- Drafting applications, orders, threshold documents, position statements, case summaries, statements of facts and instructions to counsel meetings
- Advising client social workers in safeguarding children matters including in private law and s37 matters
In return our client is able to offer a stable, long term assignment in a progressive and modern council. A competitive rate of £45 per hour is offered for this position.
For further information, please contact Jon Fowell or Ellie Thornhill on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.