Contentious Probate Lawyer
Reputable commercial law firm in Harrogate requires an additional Solicitor for its’ Litigation department. You will join a busy and friendly team handling own litigation caseload – mainly contentious probate matters (around 80%) with some commercial litigation work (around 20%) and working with the Head of Dispute Resolution. The role will therefore be varied and require versatility and an openness to deal with a range of matters. Part time candidates will be considered.
The probate work will be varied and include:
- Challenging the validity of Wills and lifetime transfers
- Administration actions (Part 64 actions and rectification of Wills)
- PR and Trustee disputes (removal of PRs and Trustees)
- Proprietary Estoppel actions
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Trust Actions
- Court of Protection Disputes
You will be expected to handle some commercial litigation matters (though training on this can be provided) including:
- Contract disputes
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Commercial Landlord and tenant disputes
- Intellectual property disputes including IP infringement and passing off – emanating particularly from the commercial teams specialism in “digital” or technology matters
- Debt recovery, but not bulk debt collection.
The team is well regarded and the successful candidate would also be expected to contribute to business development and be pro-active in participating in marketing initiatives, including writing newspapers articles and blogs, attending networking events and presenting at seminars.
You will need:
- At least 2 years PQE as a Private Client Solicitor with good experience in contentious trust and probate matters.
- Experience of commercial litigation matters would be advantageous but not essential.
- Membership of, or willingness to study for Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists qualification would be an advantage.
- To be highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise conflicting objectives.
- Good numerical and IT skills.
Salary is competitive depending on experience. Benefits include; flexi time, company pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, death in service benefit, health insurance, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and on-site parking on paid and rota basis.
Apply for Contentious Probate Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly