Our Legal Department is looking for an experienced Regional Solicitor, who will be based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk to service and work closely with the four business units constituting the Eastern Division. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide support on specific project work as may be required from time to time.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide full legal support to the Company’s business operations, particularly in relation to the acquisition, development and disposal of land for residential purposes.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits – inc. car/car allowance, pension scheme ad private health care (subject to terms and conditions)
- Overall management of legal services and all development related legal issues on a regional basis for the Business Units and liaising with both Divisional and Business Unit Managing Directors together with other regional management and staff
- Advising on legal issues generally - instructing and managing external lawyers as appropriate.
- Liaising with Legal Managers in relation to plot conveyancing related issues.
- Undertake hands on transactional work including land acquisition/disposal and affordable housing sales
- Sharing the common commercial objectives of the company acting as legal, commercial and transactional facilitators and also act as an “informed client” in managing the most cost-effective provision of external legal services to the business.
- Helping to identify and manage risk in relation to legal and operational issues
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies in relation to corporate governance and procedures for the legal risk assessment, authorisation and sign off of all acquisition and development related transactions
- As an integral part of the Company’s business operations provide concise commercial and relevant legal advice being prepared to make pragmatic judgements and give clear and practical advice.
- Help to develop the Legal Department as a key part of the Company’s operations by providing high quality legal advice
- Assist in the preparation of and provide guidance/training to the business on relevant legislation, internal policies and processes
- Solicitor with a proven track record of residential land acquisition and development experience.
- A “can-do” proactive approach to the provision of legal advice and legal risk management.
- Ability to influence people at all levels whilst also getting on well
- Good communicator – both internally at all levels of the business and also externally with key stakeholders and service providers.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and also with minimal supervision on key legal projects
- Commercial/Pragmatic approach
- Ability to provide both pro-active and preventative legal advice
- Committed to client service and customer satisfaction
- Competent I.T. skills including the use of Word and Excel
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Applicants to email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Regional Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly