Costs Draftsman - Top Firm
Thornton Legal have been instructed by one of the North West's largest law firms to assist them in the recruitment of an experienced Costs Draftsman.
The firm in question has an opening for somebody looking to undertake a role involving:
- Preparing Points of Dispute
- Preparing Points of Reply
- Preparing Bills of Costs and Schedules
- Attendance at Detailed Assessment hearings
- Providing advice to clients (both internal and external)
The in-house costs team currently consists of around 15 costs draftsman/negotiators. The role will involve all manner of litigated claims including: RTA/EL/PL/professional negligence/clinical negligence/disease and abuse. Experience of all of the above is not necessary.
The firm is predominantly Defendant orientated but they win a lot of cases and need "claimant" support for things like schedules, bills and budgets etc.
To be considered for this role you will have the following experience, knowledge, skills, and attributes;
An experienced costs lawyer:
- At least 2 years' experience in insurance litigation based costs negotiation and drafting
- Advocacy skills are desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Experienced and proficient in the use of case management systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under own initiative
Joining this thriving national firm, you'll be encouraged to develop your career further whilst utilising your expertise within a professional and productive working environment.
Salary: In excess of £30,000 for the right candidate.
Additional Benefits include: pension, generous holiday entitlement and enhanced sick pay.
Stated PQE and salary levels are for guidance only. All applications demonstrating the skills necessary to fulfil the role will be considered
Up to £250 paid in vouchers for successful referrals. Terms and conditions apply, please ask for details.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply through the advert or contact Nick Tappin at Thornton Legal directly. All applications treated in strictest confidence. 07525 660 386
Thornton Legal has strong relationships with law firms of all sizes and specialisms in the North West. We help build the careers of Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Assistants across a broad range of experience levels and we would be delighted to work with you now or in the future.
Apply for Costs Draftsman - Top Firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly