Re-Mortgage Case handler
I have an exciting new vacancy for a Case Handler in the Remortgage team to run a portfolio of volume remortgage cases. The candidate will be required to carry out legal investigations on the Title of the property relating to each case, to identify any issues which may prevent them being good and marketable.
To address and deal with any issues which arise and report any issues to the client for further instructions, whilst also offering a recommendation on how best to proceed. The end goal being to check as many titles as possible per day, ensuring that all cases are dealt with as expeditiously as possible and with the SLA period wherever possible and that good customer service is provided at all times.
* Understand and be fully knowledgeable of the remortgage process
* Understand the difference between tenures and how to deal with them
* Be able to check an Official Copy and plan and be able to identify and address any issues
* Be able to request, interpret and deal with Provisional and Final Redemption Statements
* Ensure Customers are aware of any shortfalls and Early Repayment Charges and in the event of a shortfall obtain a source of funding
* Understand mortgage offers and be able to identify and advise on any relevant conditions
* Understand the implications of occupiers of a property and how to deal with them
* Carry out Land Registry searches and deal with any issues which may arise
* Be able to check a legal Title and deal with any queries and/or discrepancies
* Be able to deal with Restrictions, Cautions and Unilateral Notices
* Understand and be able to competently deal with Deeds of Postponements
* Know how to request an OS1 and deal with it when received. When obtaining priority searches ensure that the relevant date from the last office copy is provided and the priority is given against the correct lender as a charge and no subsequent entries shown
* Be client focused and have a good telephone manner
* Be able to work alone, as well as part of a team
Please contact Josh Minzie, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.
Apply for Re-Mortgage Case handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly