Commercial Property Solicitor: Liverpool or Manchester
Pippa Marler (email@example.com)
Role Profile Level 3
3 years +
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
They are looking for a commercial property solicitor 3PQE+ to join the team, in either the Liverpool or Manchester office
The national Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of commercial property for both the public and private sector. They advise on and draft heads of terms, development agreements and associated construction, planning and site disposal matters, funding arrangements, freehold transfer and associated due diligence procedures, grant assignment and lease renewals. Their clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers. They have been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures. The service includes the management of large property portfolios for occupiers and investors, advising on LTA 1954 renewals, easements, covenants, service charges and land registration.
This can be based in either Liverpool or Manchester.
To manage a caseload of Real Estate cases including landlord and tenant, estate management work and acquisitions and disposals and provide support to other members of the team.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of Real Estate cases including landlord and tenant, estate management work and acquisitions and disposals
- Provide support to other members of the team
- Draft and prepare various real estate documents
- Liaise with internal and external parties, such as colleagues, clients, Land Registry, search agencies etc
- Supervise and develop more junior members of staff as may be required
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Experience of Real Estate work
- Excellent IT and typing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Commercial Property Solicitor: Liverpool or Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly