Childcare Lawyer required to join a Local Authority based in Northamptonshire for an initial 3 month period. There is potential for this role to fall outside of IR35.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to work as part of a fast-paced, friendly Childcare team within a large local authority.
The successful Childcare Lawyer will undertake a busy workload, with duties including but not limited to;
- Managing a busy caseload of Childcare matters
- Undertaking advocacy in courts and tribunals
- Acting as a legal advisor to a wide range of clients in relation to their Children's social care functions
- Contributing to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues
- Supervising other members of the team in a line management capacity where required
- Developing, providing legal input and delivering training courses to relevant people
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Childcare Lawyer, preferably with experience of dealing with public law Children Act matters gained in a Local Authority setting. Previous advocacy experience is essential, including contested EPO applications, interim and full care order applications.
Our client is looking for somebody who possesses drive and enthusiasm, as well as the ability to self-motivate and prioritise a busy workload. These skills should lend themselves to hit the ground running in this fast-paced role.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Alexis Aarons in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.