Developing a successful interview strategy
We've been speaking to some of the UK's top legal recruiters to share their advice and top tips for successful recruitment and how to avoid the most common mistakes.
Here, Lynn Sedgewick from Clayton Legal shares her top tips for creating a successful interview strategy.
First you need to ask yourself is your interview strategy thorough?
Timing and planning are key to ensure you get the right candidate over the line.
For a successful interview strategy, you need to consider:
- A timely plan for processing applications
- A fair, consistent scoring sheet to ensure all candidates are treated equally and fairly
- Synchronised diaries - ensure everyone involved is available when needed – not always easy when time-poor partners are involved.
- Allocate a member of staff to meet and greet and set up any tests if required
- Ensure you have booked rooms for the interview and discussions afterwards
- Scheduled breaks for the interviewing team
- A deadline for deciding and contacting the successful candidate – you don’t want an excellent candidate being poached from under your nose.
Take a look at our guide to running a successful recruitment process.
You'll find more top tips and advice on to help get the candidates you need over the line on our Insight and Tips knowledge hub.
For more top tips and advice or to discuss your current legal recruitment needs, contact your law society recruitment account manager today –
Request a call back, call 020 8049 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org