Service Area: Governance, Democracy and Monitoring
Post Title: Solicitor
Post Status: Permanent full time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £38,238 to £41,025
You will undertake a variety of legal work including in particular housing law, information law and contract and procurement law. You will need to be able to handle multiple tasks without supervision (although supervision will be provided where appropriate and for as long as appropriate), as well as working as part of the Legal Team. Experience in local government is desirable but you are encouraged to apply if your experience is in other sectors and you are confident, enthusiastic and adaptable.
- Experience in one or more of housing law, information law, contract and procurement law, property law, planning law, criminal and civil litigation and licensing law is essential
- Quality legal work in the heart of beautiful Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1 day a week home-working option
- TOIL for any committee attendance outside core hours
- Minimum 23 days annual leave, flexi-time and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Open and friendly environment
You will enjoy an excellent benefits package including the above.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Oliver Hughes on 01789 260229 or email email@example.com
An application form and job description can be accessed via the website, www.stratford.gov.uk, alternatively telephone the 24 hour answering service on 01789 260711, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The minicom number for Elizabeth House is 01789 260747.
The closing date for applications is 26 April 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing 22 May 2017.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people with disabilities.