Commercial Solicitor – NQ-2 Years PQE
Commercial Solicitor Opportunities
Various UK locations
SSE is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and Ireland with around 10 million customer accounts and over 20,000 staff. SSE's in-house Legal team has recently been nominated for a number of industry awards and is recognised as a market leader in the provision of legal services for a FTSE 100 business. Due to the continued growth and internal promotions it has become necessary to recruit for 2 new team members, a newly – 2 years qualified Commercial Solicitor to support the team in Reading and a 3+ qualified Commercial Solicitor to join the team based in either Reading, Glasgow or Perth.
Commercial Solicitor – NQ-2 Years PQE – Reading or London
Salary £30,000 - £45,500 (depending on skills and experience) plus benefits
The primary purpose of the role is to provide legal support to SSE Enterprise Utilities and SSE Heat Networks. SSE’s Utilities business is a growing multi-utility company that carries out design and construction works in respect of assets owned and operated by other SSE Group companies and third parties. SSE’s Heat Networks designs, constructs, owns, operates and maintains a growing number of district heat networks. This role has been created to work with both businesses on reviews, negotiations and drafting of complex and high value commercial and construction contracts projects throughout the UK.
Key Accountabilities for this role would include;
- Provide legal advice on a range of legal, commercial and operational issues and provide proactive and practical options to your internal client to ensure legal risks are understood and managed.
- Review, comment on, negotiate and/or draft agreements including: construction and commercial agreements.
- Provide legal advice and liaise and support the business on major bids and tenders.
- Ensure that the aims of the business are achieved and interests protected while complying with all relevant laws, licences and industry codes and meeting high standards of corporate governance.
- Co-ordinate and manage the outsourcing of legal work when required.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
We would like our ideal candidate to have knowledge of the Energy industry however this isn’t essential.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we can offer you a competitive salary package in a position which has excellent routes for career progression within the SSE Group. You will also enjoy an attractive benefits package, including pension, share plans, a generous leave entitlement (with options to purchase additional leave), reductions on energy, phone and broadband bills, plus a host of other rewards and lifestyle benefits.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from everyone, and value diversity in our workforce. We will consider flexible working arrangements for this role
To apply for this role then please head to the SSE Careers pages and search for job reference 514039 - Commercial Solicitor Opportunities
Successful candidates will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal record check.