Our client, a trusted borough council based in the outskirts of London is seeking a hardworking Childcare Lawyer to work with them on an initial 3 month basis with a high possibility of extension.
Our client holds a good reputation and is known for delivering a high quality service. They are ideally looking for a conscientious, innovative individual to join their team.
The successful applicant will be required to carry an interesting and extensive caseload with matters including:
- Providing advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including: public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
- Attend legal planning meetings when required
It is imperative that you have experience carrying a full case load and can work with minimal supervision.
Due to the faced paced working environment, the role will require you to keep up with a dynamic team whilst meeting strict deadlines.
If this role sounds like the next career step for you, then please contact Robyn Keegan- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02070928008 for a confidential conversation.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.