Commercial Property and Environmental Solicitor: Birmingham
Our client is an international law firm where clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, they're positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face - both today and tomorrow.
About the Team
Our client has more than 270 lawyers in the Real Estate teams across the offices positioned to deal with all aspects of Real Estate
Main Purpose of the Job:
Primarily providing advice on commercial property issues of cross firm transactions including corporate, projects/PFI and insolvency transactions as well as large property investment transactions and general commercial property transactions.
Providing environmental advice to the Real Estate Group, Corporate Group and Projects teams in relation to the above transactions as well as advising on stand- alone environmental matters.
Providing property support for the Energy and Health teams within the firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working in a dedicated team comprising two partners and 7 other fee earners advising clients such as Amey, Close Brothers Limited, GKN, Lloyds Development Capital, Lloyds Bank, Sanctuary Housing, Severn Trent as well as over 30 FTSE 100 companies and a number of multi-national clients such as Volvo and H J Heinz.
The role will involve the property and environmental elements of:
- Flotation's (full and AIM)
- Joint ventures
- Management buy-ins and buy-outs
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Public offers
- Public to privates
- Reports on title
- Certificates on title
- Due diligence on multi property transactions
- Insolvency (administration and LPA receivership) work
Opportunity will be given to become involved in work in energy and health sectors.
Any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner, Senior Manager or Group Support Manager of the firm.
Key skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to advise on a range of commercial property work, ideally with a focus on multi property transactions
- A strong academic background and training within a regarded commercial property department
- Experience of telephone liaison with clients and internal personnel of all levels
- Experience reviewing and, ideally, negotiating property transaction documentation
- Experience in dealing with non - contentious environmental matters in property and corporate transactions including reviewing and reporting on phase 1 and 2 reports, negotiating environmental risk transfer clauses, indemnities and warranties, agreeing reliance letters, and knowledge in relation to CRC, asbestos, ESOS, waste and environmental permitting.
- Experience of working within a team on complex matters
- Extensive experience of running a caseload under partner supervision
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Team player who is willing to get involved in new areas of work
- Comfortable dealing with clients, under appropriate levels of supervision
- Sound drafting, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.