Legal Director/General Counsel - Data Protection SME
Job Title: Legal Director/General Counsel
Salary: £80k (Negotiable DOE)
My client, a leading institution in the Financial Services sector, are looking to hire a Legal Director to lead a small to medium sized team of solicitors, whilst leading on some important regulatory initiatives.
The chosen candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Managing all legal aspects and assessing risk exposure for the business from a legal perspective.
- Acting as strategic and legal sounding board for the Senior Leadership Team
- Responsible for the negotiation and issue of complex commercial contracts and accountable for all activity within the team
- Lead/assist in the implementation of projects, including the appointment of external solicitors, drafting and negotiating documentation and providing advice on processes/to senior management, as required.
- Carry out the function of DPO for the business in order that they remain compliant with the legislation.
- Ensure that Data Protection registrations are up to date and adequately describe the activities undertaken
- Draft all necessary policies, standards and guidelines in respect of Data Protection related matters.
- To maintain up-to-date, compliant, enforceable financial product documentation, reflecting business requirements
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Retail FS experience in a legal capacity
- Qualified Solicitor
- Significant experience in a regulatory legal field
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and agreeing commercial contracts
Please contact Tom Bagley, Recruitment Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.