Commercial Contracts Lawyer (3+ Years PQE)
Are you a Commercial Contracts Lawyer (3+ years PQE) interested in working for a top 40 firm?
This stand-out top 40 firm with a brilliant reputation are offering this fantastic opportunity to join an interesting part of their company. They advise a range of clients from FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, and charities to wealthy individuals. It is a full-service law firm with a focus on major sectors including: chemicals and manufacturing; energy and natural resources; financial institutions; insurance; private wealth; real estate; retail and consumer goods; and transport and infrastructure.
They are seeking a Commercial Contracts Lawyer (3+ years PQE) to join their busy team working from their office in either Bristol or Southampton offices with a flexible approach and option to work from home.
Their General Counsel Office play a vital role in assisting the Board in defining the firm's risk strategy and improving our service standards and procedures by setting and communicating their internal risk and best practice procedures and policies with a view to ensuring consistently excellent service delivery to their clients, managing our risk, meeting regulatory requirements, and sharing best practice.
It's the quality and commerciality of their service, their industry insight and the talent and passion of their people that engages their clients.
It also means that they keep their people engaged and excited about the opportunities for growth and development in the business - there is no doubt that it's an exciting place to be.
The firm employ just under 600 fee earners and around 130 Partners. There is a real route to progression here as they are a firm that prides itself on nurturing their employees and helping them grow and evolve with the firm.
You will be...
- A Commercial Contracts Lawyer with at least 3 years previous qualified experience looking to move away from billable hours that enjoys significant commercial input and exposure to key executive members.
- Working closely with the General Counsel and general executive management in a varied role which'll include assisting with the review of client engagement terms, client tender documentation, contractual arrangements with our third-party suppliers and other procurement issues.
- You'll be responsible for developing and maintaining the firm's policies and procedures, reviewing client terms, delivering internal training and reviewing commercial agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts including data processing agreements, confidentiality agreements, procurement contracts (such as logistics, repair and maintenance, IT, engineering and facilities, consultancy, business services and outsourcing arrangements).
- You'll have broad commercial contracts experience, an excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts with the ability to draft in plain English whilst being able to communicate effectively at all levels with the confidence and credibility to support the commercial and operational teams.
- "Ideally" you'll also have experience in procurement and a good understanding of the regulatory environment in which law firms operate.
You will get…
- Fantastic benefits tailored to your wants and needs - you choose!
- A competitive salary
- The chance to work to the highest calibre in a collaborative collegiate environment
- A strong route to progression - the opportunity for Partnership is something that is always considered for the right people.
- VERY flexible position, opportunity to work from home, a real work/life balance!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join this progressive in either Bristol or Southampton.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.