Commercial Property Solicitor: Birmingham
Our client is a national firm with a strong presence
They are looking for a senior Solicitor/Associate to join the highly succesful Commercial Property team in the Birmingham office. The relevant lawyer would be assisting in a busy Commercial Property team with a varied caseload of commercial property work for land owners, investors and developers through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal advice and assistance within the Commercial Property team.
The Real Estate lawyers make a key contribution to the success of the firm in their work across each of the firm's designated sectors.
About the Team
Across the entire firm the Real Estate team comprises 21 partners and 79 senior associates, associates and solicitors plus a number of trainee solicitors and paralegals spread across the four offices.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Experienced Solicitor (five years plus PQE), with current Practising Certificate and an expertise in the commercial property. Must demonstrate an ability to provide accurate, focussed advice to clients and service delivery excellence. Familiarity with and confidence in the use of office IT applications; and good typing skills.
The successful candidate will have good team working and collaborative skills as they work open plan with solicitors from other teams, other departments and support staff both in Birmingham and across other offices. They expect to see the client at the centre of the firm and for their lawyers to have a commercial approach in their work. They are looking for someone who wants to join their team to help the clients achieve their objectives. The successful candidate will provide a wide range of advice on property matters including advice to charities, universities, schools, property investors and developers.
The ability to:
- advocate and present orally when required
- conduct effective case and transaction management
- communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- draft legal documents, advice notes and give legal advice that is clear and concise
- interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction
- conduct negotiations where appropriate researching relevant areas of law
- knowledge of commercial property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of non-residential land and buildings
- Knowledge and experience of working with public sector clients and charities/education clients would be preferred, but is not essential
The ideal candidate would also have an interest in being involved in marketing activities including assistance with presentation at seminars, attending networking events and writing articles for professional journals
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.