Qualified Lawyer (Child Care)
Location: City Hall, Leicester, LE1 1FZ
2x Permanent, Full Time (Flexible Working)
Leicester City Council has two exciting opportunities for dynamic and suitably qualified lawyers to join our Social Care & Safeguarding Section. If you want to make a difference, be part of a strong team and work for a progressive unitary authority offering a demanding and exciting work portfolio with opportunities for career development then we’d like to talk to you.
You will be required to perform the duties involved in providing a comprehensive legal service to the Council.
Requirements of the post:
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive entitled to practise
- Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification experience in Child Care litigation, to include advising on social services functions in respect of children, young persons, safeguarding and judicial review challenges
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Excellent advocacy skills plus a willingness to undertake advocacy
- Demonstrable skills and strengths in negotiation, drafting, giving advice, persuading and influencing
- Willing and able to adapt to new and differing areas of work and / or procedures
- Out of hours attendance for work such as emergency work may occasionally be required, attending committee meetings etc.
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Applications are via our website by clicking the "Apply" button.
For an informal discussion please contact Fiona Gingell, Principal Lawyer (Social Care & Safeguarding) on 0116 454 1465.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.