Specialists in professional temporary recruitment
Where: South Wales
Contract Type: Temporary (2 months)
A large local authority in South Wales is currently recruiting for an Locum Childcare Lawyer to join the Legal Department on a locum basis for 2 months.
Our client provides an innovative legal service. They are seeking to add an experienced Solicitor who can provide a pro-active and comprehensive service to clients on their duties towards children and young people.
Duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
- Providing client care and undertaking case management of the issued proceedings and PLO matters
- Providing legal advice to the client department at all levels
- Preparing s.31 cases ready for issuing with the Court
- Liaising with other parties including solicitors and experts to progress cases
- Undertaking advocacy in the Magistrates and County Court
- Carrying out advocacy at CMC, directions, interim hearings and at advocates meetings
- Conducting hearings to include Contested and Final Contested
- Attending Legal Planning Meeting Panels and PLO meetings to provide advice on specific matters
- Drafting applications, orders, threshold documents, position statements, case summaries, statements of facts and instructions to counsel meetings
- Advising social workers in safeguarding children matters including in private law and s37 matters
For further information, please contact Jon Fowell or Ellie Plummer on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to your application.