Senior Commercial/Regulatory Counsel
We are currently working with a global payments organisation in their search for a Senior Commercial/Regulatory Lawyer, on a 6 month contract with an immediate start date.
They are looking for a Lawyer who can provide immediate corporate and commercial legal advice to their entrepreneurial international financial business. The focus of this role will be on the organisation’s operations across Europe, Africa, Asia and Middle East.
This is a broad role for a regulatory, corporate and commercial generalist. The position is a key legal role, providing general commercial, regulatory and corporate legal advice in multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide general, commercial legal and regulatory advice to a growing entrepreneurial enterprise operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Support the growth of the business by advising senior management and U.S. legal team on all aspects of the applicable legal and regulatory framework in the assigned territories.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with existing and potential agents, ensuring that all agreements reflect the approved business case and the standard policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels, including Internet and e-commerce issues.
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel in numerous international jurisdictions as directed by the global head of legal or business leadership.
- Qualified UK Solicitor (or similar jurisdiction), minimum 5 yrs PQE.
- International commercial and corporate legal experience in all aspects of financial services regulation, some of which may have been gained in-house which would have included the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, banking or financial services regulation (especially within AML, PSD/MIFID legislation), corporate governance matters, e-commerce, intellectual property, litigation management and data protection/privacy.
- First class interpersonal skills – able to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of an international team
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Lawyer with a strong commercial/financial regulatory skillset, to join an entrepreneurial global payments organisation. The role will be broad and varied, offering a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.