Defendant Personal Injury Solicitor: Nottingham
Our client is a national law firm offering a unique collection of specialisms across the commercial, public, health and insurance sectors, with offices 0ver the UK. They are looking for a PI solicitor to deal with a caseload of defendant PI El/PL matters.
They have long-standing relationships with an impressive range of clients and aim to truly understand their needs to deliver an exceptional service which exceeds their expectations and makes their life easier.
You will be a solicitor in a team that provides a range of high quality legal services on complex matters to the firm's technical claims clients. These are primarily local authorities, insurers and commercial clients with a caseload of fast and multi-track EL/PL cases with a particular focus on interesting and novel claims in the health and social care sectors. Such services will be provided with regard to proper levels of due care and attention, any statutory requirements, the client's interests and professional conduct levels as determined by the SRA.
You will manage your own caseload in accordance with client requirements and SLAs, and assisting with possible supervision of others in the team to ensure that they do the same
- Supporting and developing the junior team members, delegating tasks to junior fee earners as appropriate
- Undertaking business development activities, including the planning and delivery of relevant seminar and training programmes in person and online, client management and provision of accurate management information
- Supporting the team in delivering the core principles of investors in clients to deliver exceptional client service
- Achieving your own target hours and fees for the year
- Supporting senior fee earners where appropriate Job Description Technical skills
- Familiarity with IT (Microsoft Office 2010), and ideally with experience of appropriate case management systems
- Technical acumen across a range of areas including: negligence, EL/PL, vicarious liability, disease, defamation, breach of confidentiality, data protection, personal injury, large loss and quantum Compliance
- You will be expected to be familiar and compliant with the full range of regulatory policies and procedures including: equal opportunity and diversity, data protection and confidentiality/security, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering etc.
- You will also be required to undertake mandatory compliance training as required Person specification As part of the technical claims and social care team, you would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Experience of supervising and developing junior lawyers
- Attention to detail with the ability to explain/advise clients on complex technical aspects of process and procedure
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.