Solicitor, Health & Safety team London. Up to 5 years’ PQE of Criminal Regulatory and/or Health and Safety defence. Criminal regulatory matters within Health and Safety. Highly regarded Health and Safety Team that sits within the wider Liability Division.
The Solicitors key role and responsibilities will be:
- To work on criminal regulatory matters within Health and Safety
- Will be Defending Regulatory, manslaughter and corporate manslaughter prosecutions. This includes representation at inquests and public Inquiries.
- Type of Clients are Public utilities, Rail, Healthcare, Public service, Local authority, Construction, Manufacturing and retail, Agriculture
The minimum requirements for the Solicitor role are:
- Qualified Solicitor, or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience
- Strong Academics with post qualification experience of Criminal Regulatory and/or Health and Safety defence work
- 2-3 years’ post qualification experience of Criminal Regulatory and/or Health and Safety defence work
- Ability to communicate with and where appropriate to challenge the Police, HSE, Environment Agency or other Regulatory bodies.
- Life Assurance (4 times salary)
- Gym subsidy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday entitlement per calendar year increasing to 27 days after 5 consecutive years employment
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eye care Vouchers every 1-2 years as requested
- Private Medical Insurance (Aviva)
- Permanent Health Insurance / Income Protection
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Nursery Scheme
- Employer Pension (available at start date, office variations apply)
About the firm.
Our client is an international law firm with specialist expertise in litigation/dispute resolution and advisory services. They deliver straightforward legal solutions to insurance, corporate and public sectors.
We actively encourage all staff to develop in their chosen career by providing early responsibility, supervision and training.
Notice to Candidates
Please note that we will always respond to applications from those meeting the requirements of the role and we try very hard to be specific in all of our adverts and use pre-screen questions to try and help you understand if a vacancy is right for you.
Due to the volume of applications we receive each week we cannot respond to applications from candidates who don't have the necessary skills and experience required by our client. Instead of applying, why not send your cv via our homepage or connect with us on social media and we will do our very best to assist you.