London and Birmingham
Remuneration £12,500 p/a plus reasonable expenses
Are you interested in making a difference to legal services?
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is the regulator that oversees solicitors and law firms of England and Wales. This is an opportunity to make a difference in a key sector at a time of change and growth. The SRA is looking to appoint three new Board members (two lay members and one member who will be a solicitor of England and Wales), who will work in setting the direction for the SRA and in making sure it carries out its work effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate first-class intellectual and analytical abilities, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to positively engage with a wide range of stakeholders. For all of the vacancies the SRA is keen to encourage applications from candidates with protected characteristics.
The ideal candidates for these roles will bring some or all of the following:
- Senior business experience, operating at board or senior executive level;
- A track record of innovation in serving customer needs;
- Experience of leading strategic financial decision-making; and
- Previous experience of the legal sector could be helpful, but is not essential.
The Board would benefit from a solicitor who brings:
- Experience working in a leadership role in a high street firm;
- A proven track record of highly innovative thinking in the delivery of legal services; and
- A good understanding of the SRA and the issues facing the legal services sector
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as employment agency advisor to the SRA on these appointments. For further information about the roles, including details about how to apply, please visit www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference QAFAP. Alternatively email email@example.com or telephone 020 7227 0880 (during office hours). Applications should be received by noon on 19 September 2017