Litigation Associate (Food, H+S, environmental investigations)
7 days left
- Contract type
Food law is also core area of interest in Brexit this is central to the firm'swork and future advice.
The team also provides advice in fire safety, advertising, fair trading including pricing, product recall, consumer protection and Environmental issues and experience of these areas would be beneficial.
Accordingly, you will have strong health and safety defence experience and be equally comfortable providing advice in a non-contentious context as well as in the context of litigation.
Main function of job:
You will be providing excellent and commercial regulatory advice both in the context of litigation and in terms of supporting clients putting products onto the market both in the UK and across the EU and beyond.
To deliver expertise within area of specialty, contributing actively to practice area targets and assessing risk as appropriate. To coach and delegate as required and manage client expectations to ensure high levels of service delivery both internally and externally.
- Provide a high quality service to clients in a commercial and professional manner managing a caseload of predominantly complex and/or high value cases, with assistance from more junior fee earners.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest developments in H&S and wider regulatory law and to regularly seek to update skills in addition to and outside of the CPD process, sharing learning across the team;
- Be accountable for individual and team financial management ensuring a pro-active approach is taken to meeting individual and team targets;
- Raise individual profile and that of the firm through coverage in the legal press and the firm's promotional material, assisting to maximise own revenue with existing clients through the introduction of clients to other practice areas/groups where applicable;
- Play a proactive role in business development including writing articles, delivering presentations and facilitating seminars;
- Support others to perform to their potential, delegating work, providing technical and strategic advice to more junior fee earners, supervising cases and giving relevant guidance to support the development and progression of others as appropriate;
- Look outside of the Firm for new ways of working and seek to continually challenge and improve internal working practices through the professional application of skills and knowledge;
- Develop strong internal and external working relationships based on trust and respect, ensuring there is regular communication within the practice area/group and with the external clients;
- Understand the relevant marketplace and identify what opportunities and risks exist and how the firm can exploit or prepare for them;
- Maintain visibility and accessibility across the team and manage client relationships during delivery of high quality service.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Key skills/knowledge required:
- Qualified lawyer with high level of H&S technical expertise and an ability to apply it in a commercial and professional way achieving good results on large/complex cases.
- Ideally the successful candidate will also have expertise in at least one wider area of regulatory law (e.g. environmental, financial crime, professional disciplinary, product liability).
- Able to develop the business in terms of both existing and new clients.
- Proven track record of working in an environment with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Effective team player with collaborative and supportive approach.
- Experience of effectively supervising and developing others across a range of levels, from Senior Solicitor to Paralegal.
- Proactive in developing own expertise and skills and in sharing learning with others.
Please contact Luke Williams, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal jobs in the London area.
Apply for Litigation Associate (Food, H+S, environmental investigations)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly