Commercial Property Paralegal
Are you an experienced Paralegal in Property working at a firm with a glass ceiling of progression?
This genuinely friendly top 200 firm, has seen exponential growth of late. The company has grown around 25% over the last 12 months and are now just 1 year away from their 200th birthday. This heritage brings some prestige to the firm but coupled with their high levels of excellence, this gives them an unrivalled reputation in the area. They are a fantastically progressive firm and they truly value their staff. They have a great culture which truly makes the workplace a great place to be. The culture is relaxed, with all levels of employee on first name basis with one another and the company is full of success stories.
This firm is seeking to recruit a new Paralegal in Commercial Property into their Winchester office.
The department deals with a very good quality of work and they focus on delivering great service and adding real value to client's transactions. They have clients that have been working with them well into their 3rd generation, which shows us how consistent and high quality their work is.
The firm, of course, has an expectation of success, however, they are relaxed in their culture with everyone on first name basis with one another.
This role is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Paralegal to join an established, yet ever growing Legal 500 firm.
The role involves acting for a lender only in taking and perfecting security over residential buy-to-let or commercial properties from individuals, trusts, companies and limited liability partnerships. The successful candidate will be responsible for running their own transactions with supervision and their work will include:
- preparing the relevant security and ancillary documents from templates;
- reviewing Valuation Reports;
- a basic review of title and transactional documents, identifying issues and taking the necessary steps to resolve them;
- liaising with both the client and the borrower's solicitors to achieve completion of the security; and
- dealing with the receipt and dispatch of funds to complete the finance.
You will have:
- The candidate must have a minimum of one years' experience in dealing with sale and purchases of commercial property, be confident in handling their own files, and able to work to strict deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail
- IT literacy - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Familiarity with searches via Companies House and Experian
- Ability to use initiative
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Good telephone manner
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience & there are excellent benefits
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join a leading organisation in a busy department in their Winchester branch.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation!