Legal & Contracts Manager
Kingsley are representing a construction consultancy with a North-West base and a UK wide reach. They employ more than 400 employees across the country and enjoy a fantastic reputation in the property market.
This is a permanent position. The role can be based in Liverpool or Manchester, and can potentially be on part time basis (depending on the candidate and circumstances).
You will work on the legal affairs for the business. You will be part of a close-knit team and will report directly to the CEO and Finance Manager.
- Manage and advise on prospective and existing commercial agreements with customers, suppliers and third parties
- Provide guidance on project specific contractual requirements and activities.
- Managing appointment of sub-consultants on appropriate terms and conditions ensuring that the sub-consultancy agreement reflects the obligations in the appointment
- Manage and perform a role of lead reviewer of all project complaints, PI Insurance Claims and near misses
- Negotiate and manage the resolution of disputes in a manner that maximises goodwill and trust with the parties involved
- Promote through Knowledge Sharing an increase in awareness, experience and knowledge of commercial and contractual matters
You will promote internal awareness and increased knowledge of
- Contracts - common terms and conditions
- Standard forms of appointment (ACE / NEC / CIC etc.)
- Commercial awareness – common causes of complaints and claims
- Dispute resolution
- Contract law
- Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results with excellent attention to detail
- Deliver results within given deadlines
- Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Has strong leadership skills, communicates effectively and has the ability to engage successfully with others
- An understanding of contract law would be an advantage
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience
All enquires will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Please contact Caroline Kingsley on 0151 242 1630, or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org