A fantastic Local Authority based in East Anglia currently requires a Childcare Lawyer to join their team for an initial three month basis.
The ideal candidate would need to be available on short notice and can work well in a dynamic team.
If your application is successful you will be expected to carry a full and extensive caseload which will include the following matters:
- Providing advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including: public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
- Attend legal planning meetings when required
It is imperative that you have previous local authority experience and can work well under pressure.
The ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver high client care skills is imperative for this role.
If you feel this role is suitable then please do not hesitate to send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com or call 02070928008 for a confidential conversation.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.