Commercial Solicitor 3+ Years PQE
This firm has offices nationally and is ranked highly in the Top 200; they are also top tier across a number of different practice areas.
The practice believes that the most important asset are their people, this is reflected in their culture and the way in which staff are treated. You will find a professional, entrepreneurial, and dynamic workforce, the working environment is one that encourages participation, provides opportunities and fosters achievement. The firm takes a commercial approach to the advice that they provide, adding real value to clients matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join their established yet flourishing Bristol Office.
You will join a busy property department and will manage your own caseload in the Commercial department dealing with
You will be preparing and advising on all aspects of data protection compliance including:
- Advising on data protection compliance generally
- Advising on subject access requests
- Advising on data protection issues in contracts and in corporate transactions
- Advising on issues around information security particularly in the context of new technologies and ways of working (cloud computing and BYOD etc)
- Advising on data protection breach management including drafting submissions to the ICO
- Advising on and drafting data protection policies and procedures
- Advising on the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations in the context of electronic marketing
- Ideally also dealing with Freedom of Information Act issues
Experience in Education and Technology sectors would be beneficial but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be able to…
- Conduct effective case and transaction management including supervising juniors within the data protection team
- Develop strong client relationships
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- Draft documents that are clear and concise
- Interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- Research the relevant legal issues applicable to a case
- Conduct negotiations where appropriate
- Confidence use of office IT applications; good typing skills.
- Provide training to clients on data protection desirable but not essential;
This role comes with excellent prospects for progression
- You will be a Commercial Solicitor with at least 3 years' experience (there is no upper limit)
- First-class communication skills are essential
- You will have a meticulous eye for detail
- Salary is above market rate and dependent on your level of experience
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join this stand-out firm's office in Bristol.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Commercial Solicitor 3+ Years PQE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly