Employment Associate Solicitor – Cardiff
Employment Associate – Cardiff
As the chosen Employment Solicitor, you'll be involved in all aspects of employment law, undertaking a mixture of advisory, non-contentious and contentious work, advising employees on a wide range of HR matters.
- Passionate about employment law with at least 5 years PQE relevant employment law experience.
- Genuine interest in building client relationships.
- Commercial awareness and client-focused approach.
- Motivated and adaptable approach.
- Excellent drafting, communication and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills; including being a team player with the ability to work independently if required.
- To undertake fee earning work on behalf of clients
- To attend client meetings and take instructions (home visits as necessary)
- To create and maintain client files
- To generate suitable client correspondence
- To draft legal documents as required
- To liaise with counsel
- To attend court hearings
- To comply with the firm's routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines
- To promptly inform the practice head immediately of any potential problems on files
- To liaise with external organisations on client matters e.g. other solicitors
- To participate in marketing and networking events, as requested.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
- To attend training events to comply with the SRA continuing competence requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks to assist the department, as requested by the practice head.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- A qualified solicitor admitted as a solicitor by the Law Society
- Previous experience in employee employment fee earning work
- Previous experience of attending court hearings
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Previous experience of using a case management system (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client care skills
- Good communication skills, orally and also written
- Ability to priories workload effectively
Please contact Karen Jones in the Cardiff Head Office for a confidential discussion or apply directly for the role below: