LAW Absolute is currently seeking a diligent Childcare Lawyer to join the team of an established Local Authority based in the Home Counties.
The role is for an initial three month contract with a strong possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate needs to be hard-working, driven and can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC’s, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
- Attend legal planning meetings when required
It is advantageous but not essential that you have previous public sector experience.
Before applying, you must be able to carry a full and extensive caseload and be able to meet strict deadlines under pressure.
If this sounds like your ideal role, please get in touch by sending your CV to Robyn Keegan- email@example.com or call 02070928008 for a confidential conversation. You must be available to commence work on no more than two weeks’ notice.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.