Commercial Solicitor (Procurement)
This firm has offices nationally and is ranked highly in the Top 200; they are also top tier across a number of different practice areas.
The practice believes that the most important asset are their people, this is reflected in their culture and the way in which staff are treated. You will find a professional, entrepreneurial, and dynamic workforce, the working environment is one that encourages participation, provides opportunities and fosters achievement. The firm takes a commercial approach to the advice that they provide, adding real value to clients matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join their established yet flourishing Bristol Office at Associate/Senior Associate level.
You will join a busy property department and will manage your own caseload in the Commercial department dealing with
- You would be based in their Commercial team in Bristol. Their team in Bristol comprises three partners and seven lawyers, including IP, data protection and procurement specialists - you will be encouraged to work with all members of the team across the various areas of their work. The broader Commercial team across all of our offices comprises eight partners and 25 lawyers (including specialists in the Education, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical markets).
- The core of your work will comprise general commercial contracts work. The team deals with commercial contracts for a broad range of clients, and your work will include advising SMEs (including start-ups and scale-ups) on a range of contracts from long term supply and services agreements, to outsourcing, licensing arrangements, consultancy contracts, etc. you will also have an opportunity to work with a range of exciting, fast growth technology companies, and you will be expected to play a key role in further developing our base of SME clients in the region.
- You will also advise a mix of education clients (including both maintained and independent schools, and universities) on a range of contracts. This work will include assisting our procurement specialists on contracts which are subject to the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Although based in Bristol, you will work closely with members of the Commercial team across the other offices where required.
The ideal candidate will be able to…
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts across a range of sectors and contract types
- Draft legal documents and advice notes, and give legal advice that is clear and concise
- Familiarity with drafting and negotiating IT contracts will be an advantage, but is not essential
- Familiarity with data protection law will be an advantage, but is not essential
- Develop strong client relationships
- Advocate and present orally when required
- Conduct effective transaction management
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- Interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- Identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a transaction
- Conduct negotiations where appropriate
- Researching relevant areas of law
This role comes with excellent prospects for progression
- You will be a Commercial Solicitor with at least 3 years' experience (there is no upper limit)
- First-class communication skills are essential
- You will have a meticulous eye for detail
- Salary is above market rate and dependent on your level of experience
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join this stand-out firm's office in Bristol.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Commercial Solicitor (Procurement)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly