Professional Ethics and Compliance Officer
Professional Ethics and Compliance Officer Business Services Department, Ref: PE&CO/BS/VM/Oct17
Leigh Day is seeking to appoint a Professional Ethics and Compliance Officer (PE&CO). This is a new role and would appeal to a risk and compliance specialist, who would like to play an active role in developing and maintaining ethical standards within a coveted, award winning, ‘claimant’ law firm renowned for ground breaking cases.
Reporting directly to the Professional Ethics and Compliance Manager the role will involve;
- Offering support on queries on regulatory requirements and internal compliance processes, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and individual conflicts and confidentiality.
- Management of risk and compliance registers, and pro-actively monitoring action plans and their effectiveness to improve standards.
- Supporting the DPO with the delivery of information security and GDPR requirements.
- Improvement of format and content of reporting in order to remain compliant with procedures, and working alongside the IT team to develop compliant processes
- Working alongside the Learning and Development team on compliance training requirements.
To be successful you must have;
- Demonstrable experience of working within a risk & compliance role in a legal services environment is a must.
- Proven ability to be pro-active, when managing individual projects to improve compliance standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of researching, analysing and drafting compliance procedures and policies.
- A good understanding of AML Regulations and conflicts within a legal environment.
- A good understanding of Data Protection legislation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to adapt and be able to work in a busy professional working environment.
- The highest professional ethical standards.
- A good understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Professional-support to download the job description and application form.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in London
Application Process Please return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th October 2017.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your current salary details and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately failure to return all the above requested documents may result in your application not being considered.
Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.