In House Advocate
In House Advocate (Solicitor/Barrister)
£42,899 per annum plus car allowance
Join us at Luton Borough Council as an In House Advocate and you’ll soon start to fully appreciate the excellent home/life balance with flexible and agile working arrangements we have to offer. Not to mention generous public sector pension contribution, 26 days annual leave and a £3,200 car allowance.
This exciting role offers you the chance to assist in the provision of an efficient, effective, and economic legal service to the Council, its Executive, Committees and Sub-Committees, and to Departments. You will also provide legal advice, often in relation to highly complex matters, to Officers and Members of the Council, and be responsible for a personal legal caseload in particular in relation to child care and related matters.
- Fully enrolled Solicitor or Barrister
- Substantial experience of advocacy before Courts and/or Tribunals - including dealing with complex childcare cases
- Able to demonstrate ability to plan/ prioritise own caseload within broad guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of equalities issues and legislation
- Demonstrable knowledge of English Law and comprehensive knowledge of Child Care Law
- Working knowledge of the Law of Evidence
If you have the necessary skills and like the sound of this role, we‘d really like to hear from you. Please apply today!
Please forward your CV to: James.Clegg@guidantgroup.com or call James for an initial discussion: 01582 875199.