Assistant Solicitor, Asbestos - Personal Injury Department, London,
Ref: AS/PI/Nov 17
Driven by our recent successes in Personal Injury and as winners of the Personal Injury team of the year 2016, we are seeking to hire an Asbestos lawyer with over 4 years PQE relevant experience.
Leigh Day has a team of specialist claimant lawyers with unrivalled expertise in the field of asbestos and industrial disease. We have successfully settled millions of pounds in compensation claims in cases relating to asbestos exposure, including pleural thickening, asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma. To learn more about our Asbestos and Industrial Disease Team please use this link http://www.leighday.co.uk/Asbestos-and-industrial-disease
Working directly with a Partner, the role holder will be independently managing a claimant asbestos caseload to the highest standard, while dealing very sensitively and building trust and confidence with our clients. S/he would also be actively supporting with business development activities.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate:-
· ability to independently run a complex asbestos disease caseload with minimum supervision, to a consistently high standard;
· in-depth understanding of the spectrum of law under Asbestos Related Diseases and a first rate technical ability within Industrial Disease;
· ability to deal sensitively with clients and commitment to excellent client care;
· good research, problem solving skills and IT skills along with being an effective communicator.
We would welcome applications from those who are passionate about delivering justice to people who have been suffering / lost loved ones because of asbestos exposure.
This is a permanent, full-time, position based in London.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the job description and application form.
To apply, please return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 December 2017.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your current salary details and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed Application and Equality & Diversity form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately failure to return all the above requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.