Assistant Solicitor – Consumer Law and Product Safety Department
Ref: AS/PL/MIV /NOV17
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Assistant Solicitor (PQE 4-5 years), within our Consumer Law and Product Safety Department.
Working directly with a Partner the successful applicant will be involved in running their own case load, investigating and pursuing litigation and undertaking research and business development work. Much of the work will involve group litigation claims against large companies in the areas of consumer law and product liability. Specifically, the work will involve representing clients who have had hip components that have failed prematurely.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate:-
· Relevant legal experience in Personal Injury and / or Clinical Negligence; given the complexity of caseload it would ideally suit lawyers with up to 5 years of relevant post qualification experience.
· Ability to quickly learn new areas of law and develop new areas of work.
· Experience in, or, knowledge of consumer law, defective products, group claims/class actions would be highly advantageous.
It is not necessary for the applicant to have a background acting for claimants, however, s/he must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest to work for a leading UK claimant law firm and a passion to be a claimant lawyer.
This is a permanent, full-time, position based in London.
Please visit our website http://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Solicitors to download the job description and application form.
To apply, please return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 December 2017.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your current salary details and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed Application and Equality & Diversity form (downloadable from our website).
Unfortunately failure to return all the above requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.