Accelerated LPC Lecturer
Accelerated LPC Lecturer
Permanent, part or full time
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University Law School has over 20 years’ experience in delivering professional legal qualifications and we have proudly earned our place as one of the largest law schools in the UK. We are the firm favourite for law with over 60 leading law firms exclusively choosing us to train their future solicitors, and are selected by these firms above other law schools because of the professional relevance of our education and the enviably high standard of our teaching, facilities and materials.
What you’ll do
As an Accelerated LPC Lecturer you will be a member of the Accelerated LPC teaching team and will be required to teach on the Corporate Transactions module throughout the year on the Accelerated LPC. You may also be required to teach Business Law and Practice and/or skills modules if the need arises.
Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that:
- You teach LPC students to a high standard on the programme;
- You take responsibility (together with other members of the relevant teaching team) in the updating and development of the course, liaising with representatives of the Consortium firms;
- You take part in the day to day running of the Corporate Transactions module on the Accelerated LPC
- You contribute to drafting exams, as requested, that are rigorous and fair;
- Your marking is completed to a high standard and within deadlines set;
- You provide excellent pastoral care to LPC students, including answering all student queries within a reasonable timeframe; and
- You contribute ideas for enhancing, developing and improving the content and delivery of any LPC modules that you teach.
- Qualified solicitor and admitted to the roll of solicitors
- The successful candidate will ideally have
Skills and experience
- Practitioner experience relevant to the discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A positive commitment towards, and an understanding of the needs and issues faced by, students and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ for each student in terms of their academic and pastoral journey at the University
What we offer
BPP exists to help people make the most of their talents – just ask the students who study with us every year. We aim to have an equally positive impact on our employees' careers by providing the culture, career development opportunities and extra benefits to inspire you personally and professionally.
BPP invests heavily in your career development – you will have free access to all of BPP's courses – from gaining an ACCA accountancy qualification, in-house leadership and management training or wide range of personal and professional development opportunities to a Graduate Diploma in Law, you can take your career in any direction you like.
Add to this a comprehensive benefits package, including 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, life assurance, group personal pension plan, childcare vouchers and the cycle to work scheme, and you’ll find the BPP Professional Education Group a great company to work for.
To find out more about working at BPP, please visit http://www.bpp.com/working-at-bpp
For details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1891