Up to £230k + bonus of up to 30% – London
The Law Society is the membership body representing 160,000 solicitors of England and Wales, supporting the Rule of Law and the administration of justice. It is also the statutory approved regulator of solicitors and law ﬁrms, delegating all regulatory functions to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The Society now seeks its new Chief Executive to deliver real and enabling change through the agreed strategy.
- Ensure the Society is recognised as the trusted representative of choice for the profession and deliver relevant member services supporting the Society’s activities.
- Promote and maintain the independence of the profession and the interests of solicitors as members of a diverse and effective profession.
- Communicate the Society’s authority and reputation and assist the President in maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- An experienced, conﬁdent and visible leader, familiar with organisations of similar political and operational complexity, with the personal presence and style to act as a role model
- A clear strategic thinker who is action-orientated towards realising the Society’s goals now and in the future; able to deliver value for money and additional revenue streams.
- A values driven self-starter, with the enthusiasm to inspire and enable people with patience and persistence, acting with a deft and diplomatic touch.
The Law Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer.