Job Title: General Counsel
Salary Expectations:£60,000 - £85,000 (Negotiable Dependant on Experience)
Douglas Scott have partnered exclusively with a FTSE250 company who are one of the country's fastest growing IT/Technology businesses, within their field. We've been tasked with finding their next General Counsel who will help to lead and shape their in-house legal function for years to come. The business are a dynamic, entrepreneurial organisation who work with a huge range of clients across both the Public and Private Sectors, providing a whole host of IT and Technology solutions to enhance business performance.
The successful General Counsel will report into the CFO, handling all legal matters affecting the business and working closely with the other members of the legal team to drive an effective & efficient legal function. Day to day responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewing, analysing and drafting a range of general commercial contracts agreements, advising the business on any resulting contract obligations and risk.
- Maintaining a Contracts Register.
- Advising the business in relation to Data Protection matters and the specific requirements arising from the upcoming GDPR.
- Horizon Scanning for changes in the law and any effects this may have on business operations moving forward.
- Advising the business on wider legal matters such as intellectual property, litigation, employment and corporate governance.
- Delivering training to colleagues on legal matters affecting the business.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A qualified solicitor (ideally 4 year PQE + but this is only intended as a guide)
- Experience working in-house for a business in the IT/Technology sector
- The ability to work closely with a wide array of colleagues, from 1st line sales staff to C-level executives, advising on a range of legal matters.
If you're interested and would like to find out more about the role and the company, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in touch ASAP to discuss further.
Please contact Tom Bagley, Recruitment Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.