Commercial Solicitor Cardiff to £60,000
Commercial – Solicitor Cardiff – to £60,000
The Client’s tier 1 team provides commercial legal advice and ongoing legal support to clients across a range of sectors, including digital, tech and IT, retail, manufacturing, media, education, health and life sciences, and sport and leisure. The candidate will need to have a good knowledge and experience of contract and commercial law and the role will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents including:
- commercial contracts – standard terms and conditions of sale, purchase and supply (both online and offline), manufacture and distribution agreements and commercial licences
- IP contracts – copyright and trademark licences, IP development agreements, commission agreements and IP assignments
- IT documents – software development agreements, software licences, software reseller agreements and end-user licence agreements
- Advising clients in person, by email and phone on a variety of commercial matters
- Delivering presentations and training to clients on commercial law topics including protection of IP, data protection and e-commerce compliance
- Providing commercial, IP and IT support in relation to corporate due diligence processes and transactions
- Providing general commercial, IP and IT support to colleagues across the firm.
The team works for clients of all sizes, from PLCs to start up and early stage tech businesses.
The role offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key part in the ongoing development, growth and success of the Commercial team and the firm.
- between 2 and 6 years’ post-qualification experience, although we may consider candidates with more or less experience
- commercial contractual experience essential, IP/IT/Data Protection/E-commerce experience desirable
- excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative and problem-solving ability
- team-focused with a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others, but also able to work alone
- capable of working effectively under pressure and using own initiative.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our Head Offices.