An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property Lawyer to join an In-House Public Sector legal team based in the West Midlands area. The position will be for a minimum period of 6-12 months; this is likely to be extended.
Applications are welcomed from experienced Property Lawyers, with a background working in the Public Sector. Duties may include:
- Reviewing leases, in particular shared Ownership and Commercial assets
- Undertaking due diligence on properties (title investigation, liabilities, searches, enquiries) and preparing reports making recommendations as appropriate
- Investigating individual issues or problems, interrogating the relevant databases and carrying out analysis of the data, to report back in a clear and insightful manner, presenting findings and making recommendations as appropriate
- Understanding and documenting legal and Health and Safety compliance obligations on commercial and Shared Ownership assets e.g. section 106 properties
- Identifying and highlighting any gaps in the data and prepare an action plan for closing
- Updating the Assets and Liabilities Register as relevant in relation to leases
- Understanding the statutory/legal/other responsibilities in respect of its commercial properties
- Providing guidance and advising on legislation relating to misc matters on managing agencies and service charges.
- Reviewing insurance liabilities across the property portfolio and review re-build values making recommendations for changes as appropriate
Applications ware welcomed from both qualified and non qualified Lawyers with previous property law experience, preferably with knowledge of the Housing Sector.
The position offers an hourly rate of between £25 - £35 per hour depending on experience.
This a full time position, however flexible working and home working will be considered for the right candidate.
To apply for this position, please contact Emma Walker or Hannah Fritz-Lewis at Venn Group on 0121 616 0660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Venn Group, we endeavor to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business