An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and ambitious Family Fee Earner to join a well-established, forward-thinking law firm at a time of exciting expansion.
The role is open to all levels of Fee Earner – Solicitors, Legal Executives and Paralegals and would appeal to someone either starting out as a paralegal up to a newly qualified Solicitor wishing to work within a local and nationally recognised team.
The successful candidate will be working in an expanding family team assisting the Team Leader and managing their own files under supervision. The candidate will be specialising in private family work, and will be dealing with the full range of family matters, including; non-molestation applications, Children Act proceedings, divorce proceedings and assisting with financial cases.
You will need to be a team player, but driven and motivated to do well. A good sense of humour is vital, as is the ability to take instruction and learn quickly.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Day to day handling of a wide variety of cases
- Experience of running your own caseload under supervision and being able to pick up cases part way through
- Attending Court on directions hearings
- Taking instructions from clients
- Drafting documents and letters
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients
- Work as part of the team
- A commitment to the development of the business and marketing activities
You will need:
- A minimum of 12 months experience handling a caseload of family matters.
- Knowledge of the eligibility criteria for legal aid.
- To have excellent client care skills – empathy to clients in a difficult situation is vital
- Good written and verbal communication to deal with a broad range of clients and the willingness to provide the highest standard of client care.
- A confident telephone manner
- Outstanding interpersonal and marketing skills with the ability to develop contacts for the firm.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines
Competitive salary and benefits package.