There is an exciting opportunity to join the Anti Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit’s legal team as a Housing Supervisor (Solicitor or Caseworker).
The role involves providing housing legal advice and representation to victims of modern slavery and other vulnerable clients under a Legal Aid contract.
ATLEU is opening an office in Sheffield in mid-2018 to expand its services in the North of England. Applications are sought from those wishing to work out of either ATLEU’s London or Sheffield office.
ATLEU is currently recruiting a Head of Legal Practice. Further information about this role can be found here: http://atleu.org.uk/jobs/. Applicants able to fulfil the requirements of both Housing Supervisor and Head of Legal Practice would be welcomed. Please indicate in your covering letter if you wish to apply for both roles.
For an informal discussion about this position email Victoria Marks on email@example.com
- To have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of housing law casework, including litigation.
- Fulfil 2018 Legal Aid Agency Standard Civil Contract criteria to be a Legal Aid Agency Housing Supervisor on commencement of post.
- To have knowledge and understanding of the current Legal Aid system and sector and experience of working under a Legal Aid contract.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a varied caseload and to perform against billing targets.
- Experience of working with highly vulnerable clients with complex needs.
- Ability to lead and develop ATLEU’s Housing and Community Care work.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with organisations across the sector.
- An interest in developing innovative litigation.
- Experience of working with victims of modern slavery and young people.
- Experience of developing or delivering training and resources.
Full Job Description and Person Specification can be found here: http://atleu.org.uk/jobs/
Send your CV with a covering letter setting how you meet the Person Specification for the role.
Applications should be sent to the Head of Operations, Esther McConnell via firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 28 March 2018.
Please quote Job Reference 2018/HOUSV in the subject of your email.
ATLEU is a vibrant, young charity providing legal representation to victims of trafficking and modern slavery. We assist victims to obtain safety, recovery and redress. We deliver a holistic service, providing advice across immigration, compensation, and housing law.
ATLEU is at the forefront of this vital and fast-moving area, bringing high-profile strategic challenges that shape the way the law develops. ATLEU is recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the London Legal Support Trust and was awarded both the Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Award and the Marsh Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Fight against Modern Slavery Legal Award in 2016.
ATLEU are committed to promoting equality of opportunity. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are open to flexible working arrangements.
Apply for Housing Solicitor/Caseworker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly