Court of Protection Lawyer 2-4 PQE
Our client is looking for an exceptional lawyer to joint heir busy and friendly team. This is a full time post and the ideal candidate will have 2-4 years PQE experience. Part time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
A Legal 500 and Chambers ranked private client team that covers the full range of private client matters, including Wills, Inheritance tax planning, Trusts, Probate, Powers of Attorney and Elderly client matters.
They are looking for someone with particular experience in Court of Protection matters as this is a growing area for the team.
You must have a passion for this area of law as you will be taking over an established client base whilst developing your skills.
- Solely responsible for a Court of Protection (non contentious) caseload including deputyship applications, on-going cases and capacity related matters
- Make applications for statutory wills, gifts, changing deputies or applications concerning powers of attorney
- Assist the team by handling your own diverse caseload of more general private client matters, liaise with and assist senior lawyers as and when appropriate
- Deliver legal services of outstanding quality that are focused on the client's needs and meet turn around deadlines
- See clients unsupervised, advising and drafting documents
- Attend meetings with clients to oversee execution of documents
- Undertake any other duties as required by senior lawyers/team leader
- Private client and Court of Protection experience is essential
- Full STEP membership or willingness to undertake study to achieve this would be an advantage
- Membership t the Solicitors for the Elderly would be an advantage
- Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines to prioritise objectives
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Scarlett Willis at Clayton Legal using the links below.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.