Our client is a renowned Local Authority based in a sea-side location of the South East of England.
They are seeking a Childcare Lawyer to join them for an initial six months with a strong possibility of extension.
In close proximity to a sea-side view, surrounded by rustic builidngs and a great variety of restaurants and bars, this Council offers a perfect get away from a busy city culture.
The role will require you to handle, but not be limited to the following matters:
- Providing advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including: public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering
- Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings
- Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
- Attend meetings with expert witnesses
- Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
- Attend legal planning meetings when required
Local Authority experience is preferred but not essential.
It is important you have previous experience within this area of law before applying as you will be expected to work with minimal supervision.
If this role is of interest then please do not hesitate to send a copy of your updated CV to Robyn Keegan- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02070928008 for a confidential conversation.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.