Head of Legal
My client is looking for a Head of Legal and Compliance with solid residential property (ideally estate agency) experience and knowledge. This is an exciting challenge, as you will be at the forefront of building a brand new function and running the Legal and Compliance for all the commercial activities for this fast growing UK business.
The job role:
• Run the day-to-day management of legal function and provide accurate and considered legal advice to support the Company’s business and commercial objectives
• Manage and implement the strategy in managing all legal and compliance risks
• Take the lead with regards to regulatory matters, including data protection (GDPR), privacy, AML/CDD
• Conduct compliance monitoring such as AML checks and reviews on a regular basis
• Review and draft business-related contracts (e.g. Business license agreements)
• Ensure the company practices remain compliant with current laws and regulations (eg. NAEA guidelines and The Property Ombudsman).
- Draft, review and revise Compliance policies and procedures when necessary.
• Take leadership and give advice on any correspondence or enquiries from the FCA or HMRC
• Provide support and advise to the People Director on policy issues
• Review third-party terms and conditions; technology agreements, outsourcing agreements, platform arrangements and NDAs as required
• Assistance in corporate transactions (e.g. Fundraising);
• Qualified solicitor (8 years + pqe) - (if not UK qualified, must hold or eligible to hold a UK practising certificate under SRA rules)
• Proven track record providing expertise and management of compliance issues
• You may have performed the roles of Data Protection Officer, Compliance Officer, MLRO or Risk Manager at some point in your career
• Thorough knowledge of the UK Property industry standards and regulations
• A thorough understanding of cyber security and data protection risks, and compliance specifications
• Have experience designing and implementing compliance monitoring programmes
• Certified compliance professional would be advantageous
If this role sounds of interest and you have the skills required and would like to apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.